Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Weaving together a beautiful card

I am up today at Ribbons Unlimited sharing another weaving card!  
How to incorporate weaving on a card by Christine Meyer for Ribbons Unlimited
Last week I used the a wide white organdy but this week I used a Delight Satin Edge Ribbon in black that is just 5/8" wide.  It is a little more challenging to weave and keep things straight...but in the end it worked!
If you look closely you can see that I used it in my circle.  

Tips: To create this look, I traced almost a whole circle on the edge of my card and cut that out.  I weaved my ribbon onto a rectangle piece of black cardstock that would fit behind the circle.  Once done, I attached it with strong wet adhesive and set in under a book to flatten it out.

This technique is fairly new to me, especially with ribbon, but is one that I plan to use again to add texture and sophistication to my projects!  

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Teresa Collins
Stickers: SRM Stickers (Sentiment), Paper House Productions (rose)
Metal Embellishment: Momenta

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow!! This is just gorgeous!!!!

Lissa said...

Beautiful - love this technique!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...