First and foremost: Happy Easter blog friends! Hope you are able to spend this day enjoying family!
This post went up on Friday over at Kiwi Lane but because of other blog commitments, you get it today!
I love playing with my Kiwi Lane Templates because you just never know what they are going to inspire! Today's post uses some of the brand new "Wacky" templates which are definitely some of my new faves!
This layout is full of techniques but for today let's focus on two things: creating a sunburst and stitching. First up I'll show you how I created the sunburst!
1. Choose your template and set it where you want it on your paper. You will be using this paper as a template for the papers that you will actually cut up. Outline your Kiwi Lane Template.
2. Use a ruler to draw lines from a point to the outer edge.
3. Label each section of the starburst with a letter so that you know how to put it back together. Cut out each piece and use those pieces as your templates for cutting out your patterned paper.
4. Put the whole thing back together and glue it down.
Now that you have assembled the whole thing you might find you have some kinda rough edges between your bursts. I like to use a zigzag machine stitch to connect the papers and hide and little flaws.
1. You are going to do a long zig zag stitch between each of the patterns - begin at the tips of the sun and work towards the outside of the paper.
2. Once you have done all of them you will be left with a mess of strings all over the place. Simply trimming won't work because you run the risk of them slipping out. My favorite thing to do is go to the back side and pull the strings all through to the back.
3. It's a mess on the back but that's no big deal! Tape them down with some washi tape.
4. Now you have a nice clean front!
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye
Stickers: My Mind's Eye
Overlays: My Mind's Eye
Enamel dots: My Mind's Eye
Buttons: My Mind's Eye