Monday, October 7, 2013

September Publications

I realized today that I hadn't yet shared with you my cards from the September issue of CARDS Magazine. I had five picked up but with the downsizing of the magazine into a digital format, they only used three!  That is okay though - because I am still gonna share them all with you!  

First up are the two they didn't end up using:
This one was for the "woodgrain" topic.  
Supplies from: Echo Park, American Crafts, and GCD Studios

 This one was for the "diecut" topic.
Supplies from: Pebbles, SRM Stickers, Prima, and The Twinery

This one was for the "clean and simple" topic.  I actually had created this one last winter and found that it fit a sketch challenge for another magazine almost exactly (I guess that is another good thing about clean and simple..it can kinda match up to a sketch and surprise you :).  It didn't get picked up then and so I submitted it for CARDS and they grabbed it.   Just goes to show...if at first you don't succeed.  I felt like it had some unique elements to it...
Supplies from: American Crafts

And for a not so clean and simple one....this one was for the "grandparents" topic.  I jumped on the pie chart trend right as it was starting up.
Supplies from: Bella Blvd, Pebbles, GCD Studios, American Crafts, Studio Calico, and The Paper Studio

Lastly this one was for the "pockets" topic.  
Supplies from: American Crafts, Pink Paislee, and Maya Road

I've submitted about 20 cards this month (to multiple magazines) - we'll see if something I did catches their eye again!


3 comments:

Cathy said...

love them all...can't wait to see what gets picked up this month. Yay you!

craftykellyj said...

Love your cards Christine! Sooo beautiful!

Lissa said...

Beautiful cards - love that woodgrain especially.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...