Friday, October 11, 2013

My first Kiwi Lane Designs Post

I am so very excited to be sharing my first post for Kiwi Lane Designs today!  This month we got to work with various lines from American Crafts and I got to use some pieces from the Dear Lizzy line "Polka Dot Party"

Now you may not have heard of Kiwi Lane before....they are a company that makes templates (such as you see above) to help you get the basics of your layout done!  One of their main techniques is called "framing" in which you set up the whole process first.  That is what the picture above is: my framing of the project!  
Christine Meyer for Kiwi Lane Designs
And this is the actual project!  You can see where the framing came in and gave me my basic start! 

 Part of my first assignemnt was to use Pinterest for my inspiration.  That was easy except I had a hard time narrowing it down!!!  I have been looking at lot at patterns, etc. and so I chose this picture as my inspiration:

And you can see here how I mimicked the doodling look!

 I am really enjoying working with these templates and look forward to playing more with them and exploring all kinds of fun techniques!

Supplies Used:
All paper/stickers are from American Crafts

1 comment:

Suzanna Lee said...

I love how you converted your inspiration to the hand drawn stitching!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...