Thursday, October 24, 2013

"Happy Harvest" by Doodlebug Design Layout

I picked up some of the Doodlebug Design "Happy Harvest" collection and have been itching to play with it, but had to find the time to do so!  This week it happened and here's what I created:
 Happy Harvest by Doodlebug Design - Kiwi Lane Templates
Isn't this a fun collection???  It has all the bright colors that I love mixed in with some solid fall colors.  

Tips:  I created my background heart using a Kiwi Lane template (Chestnut Drive) and layering it - then trimming around to bring out the heart shape.  It needed an extra punch to bring out the layers so out came one of my standards...doodling with my white pen!

I also used the lines from the template to give life to my title.  I am REALLY enjoying these templates and using them in different ways to bring some unique life to my projects!

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Doodlebug Design
Stickers: Doodlebug Design & American Crafts
Decorative Tape: Queen & Co.
Staples: Tim Holtz

2 comments:

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

This is fabulous Christine!!! Love the heart and the doodling with the white pen!

Suzanna Lee said...

Ahhh! I get it now! I couldn't figure out the "shadow" under the white stitching - you cut the heart and put it back together! How cool is that? And the little staple crosses here and there! Those little details in your work are fantastic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...