Monday, January 27, 2014

An idea for using up Scraps

Are you like me and there is just a plethora of scraps laying around?  Today I have an idea to share that uses scraps and an old frosting container!  I blogged this at Helmar today.

IMG_7509
I am going to show you how I upcycled this little container and made it fabulous!

IMG_7455
To begin you need some Helmar Craft Glue, Helmar Super-Tac Glue and small plastic container.  I used a container left-over from frosting.

IMG_7458
Cover that with a white piece of scratch paper and attach it using the craft glue.  You will then want to collect a variety of coordinating scraps that are tall enough to reach from the top to the bottom of the container.  I ended up using 4 different patterns and needed two 4 1/4 X 12 sheets of each.

IMG_7452
Roll the paper around a pen or pencil once.  Secure the ends with the tac glue.

IMG_7450
Use clothespins to secure them.  This is only necessary for a minute or two.  I just rolled a couple more while I waited.

IMG_7461
In order to make sure I didn't do extra work, I measured the circumference of my container with a ribbon.  I then laid that out and laid the rolled papers atop it until it was full.  Then I knew I had enough!

IMG_7459
Cover a small area of the container from top to bottom with the craft glue and then add on several rolls.  Then repeat until you have completely covered the container!

IMG_7465
And voila...you have a pretty little storage container ready to be filled with whatever you wish from scrappy supplies to the ever popular chocolate!

IMG_7504
Add some embellishments such as ribbon and flowers and you will make it even prettier!

IMG_7508

Helmar Supplies Used:

Other Supplies Used:
Patterned Papers: My Mind's Eye
Burlap 
Medallion flower: Little Yellow Bicycle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...