Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thanksgiving Place Setting using Happy Harvest from Doodlebug Design

One of my very favorite layouts that I have created to date (check it out here) was one that used pieces from the Happy Harvest line from Doodlebug Design.  I still had quite a bit left over so I decided to use it to get crafty with some Thanksgiving goodies!  I created several pieces to use as a table setting, including a napkin ring, a gift bag, and card.  This was ridiculously fun to create and how great is it that my new dishes match it perfectly too ;)!

 This napkin ring was created using some burlap, a Pixie, pieces from the mini flower set, and some cardstock stickers.  The Pixie is perfect for holding it all together.  I love the look of burlap but find it to be a pain to use because it frays so easily.  Before I put this together I covered all of my burlap (except the fringe) with Fabric Stiffener and Draping Liquid from Helmar.  This made it way easier to work with and prevented fraying.  Huge find right there!!!

My favorite thing about this gift bag is that I actually used a mini card folded over at the top. 

The last piece of the setting is a simple card, perfect for writing special notes to each person around the table.  To tie all three pieces together I used more pieces from the mini flower set.  I also created some more curly q's to go on this...don't they look pretty with a flower?  I think I am officially hooked on creating those and finding fun ways to use them :).  If you are interested in how I made them you can find the tutorial here.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Supplies Used:
Mini Flower Set: Doodlebug Design
Patterned Paper: Doodlebug Design
Pixies: Doodlebug Design
Twine: Doodlebug Design
White Pen: Uniball Signo
Burlap: Hobby Lobby
Stickers: Doodlebug Design
Cards: Doodlebug Design






3 comments:

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

I love how your plates are the perfect blue for that paper!! These are awesome. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Melissa said...

This is the cutest ever! I love how you used the product and seeing how you created such an easy table setting. Great use of the pixies too! I love those!

craftykellyj said...

I am so in love with these! Paper crafts are my fav projects to create!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...