Monday, February 17, 2014

Love You More Layout

First off I want to announce the winner from the blog hop this past weekend! Iris!!!
 Iris said...
Super cute layout and pretty blog candy. I follow you with Google friend connect and Like you on FB.
isoscia at aol dot comGo ahead and shoot me an email at practicalscrappers@gmail.com and I will get your prize off to you!

Now on to my project that was featured today on the Chicagoland Scrapbookers Magazine site!  The layout is based on this sketch created by me :)


I didn't follow the sketch exactly because, well, I almost never do :)  I cut the hearts out of my base and then added patterned paper behind them.  Outlining them with black made them pop a little more.  I added in the pictures of my little guy who likes to call himself "diddy kong" who is a character in the Donkey Kong family.  
The bright colors from Pebbles line "From Me to You" were perfect.  Let's face it, bright colors and three year olds just belong together!  I did lots of outlining and doodling giving it a whole lot of personal touch.  The final piece was to do splatters.  I don't know why I wait until last to do that!  At first I didn't like them, but once they dried, it was better.  I'm trying to embrace the splatters and messy fun :)

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Pebbles
Enamel Dots: Freckled Fawn
Stickers: Bella Blvd & Pebbles Inc
Wood Arrows: Studio Calico
Mist: Studio Calico

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...