Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Kiwi Lane Designs - Hazel & Ruby

I am in the last month of my term with Kiwi Lane Designs.  I can hardly believe almost nine months has passed!!!  They do not do back to back terms for their designers so I will definitely not be back this next term and we will see what the future holds...Today I have my last regular project with them and will have one more special one in a few weeks! This month we are teamed up with Hazel & Ruby - they have some different products that I had played with before so it was a fun creative challenge!

One of the things Hazel & Ruby sells is rolls of tissue paper that are acid free! I really wanted to try out the tissue paper on a layout so I decided to get out the Mini Madison set and use every single one of them!

I cut out each piece and then inked them.  I then began to layer them to create one big dimensional ruffle.  It ended up looking really cool.  The tissue paper is light enough that it almost floats up like ruffles. Creating this much at the bottom I knew I needed to keep the rest of the layout pretty simple so I went real light on embellishments for the rest!


I used the masking sheet to create my title.  I got out some mist and then sprayed away. Once it was dry I cut around it leaving a slight border. I also added some Hazel & Ruby Sequins to embellish around the title.

Hazel & Ruby Supplies Used:
Stencil-Mask Child's Play
Wrap It Up - Pretty Floral
Sequin Tubes

KLD Sets Used:
Mini Madison - All of them!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...