Sunday, October 11, 2015

Pumpkin Patch Layout

With the madness of the last 6 weeks of life I have found myself in a bit of a mojo rut. Mostly I think my brain was so overwhelmed with life it wasn't processing creativity in the way I normally do. Not totally uninspired but needing to try some fresh ideas and techniques to get back into my groove.  When that happens I take to Pinterest, Scrapbook.com gallery, and Instagram to look for inspiration.  Generally what I do is if I find something inspiring I look at it and then sit on it for 24 hours and see how I can take it and put my own spin on it.  I was very inspired by the use of white space and a circular picture on this layout by Chantalle McDaniel that I decided to work with those two ideas and create this layout using the Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook.

I love how it came together with a whimsical feel to it!  With the picture being central and circular it was easy to build around it using a mixutre of soft edges and patterns combined with a variety of textures.  I think it has that feeling of fall leaves dropping.  This is a layout that can easily be pulled together with coordinating supplies in your stash.  Pull out some chipboard, ephemera, and brads and you are set to go!  You don't even have to have patterned paper (as Chantalle showed) you could just go with solids!  And the good news is, now that life has slowed down, my creativity juices are running at full speed again!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...