Monday, October 26, 2015

Doodlebug Christmas Cards

As promised I am back today with a couple of Christmas cards!  I played with Doodlebug Design's Sugarplum Collection and made a couple of cards with some little fun twists to them!


First up is a Shaker Card.  I love making Shaker Cards and this Santa was just screaming to be standing in front of some glitter snow!  I used my die cut machine to cut a hole in the front of the card and then just used some old cellophane packing to make a pocket of glitter to add to the inside of the card.  I added a little pom pom for Santa's hat to give the card a little more whimsy!  At first I thought about adding pom poms to his beard - but these ones were way too big and just looked goofy :).

This one was super simple!  I actually used one of the 4 X 4 pieces from one of the patterned papers that can work as a pocket piece.  I used a craft knife to cut the door open and folded it.  I then fussy cut a gingerbread man (the stickers I had were too big) and slid him insdie.  I love how cute it looks! I also added a Christmas tree sticker to the side of the house. I added in a sentiment and some enamel dots and voila!  Sometimes just looking at those little pieces that come in the collection and tweeking them just a bit is enough to make the card unique but doesn't require tons of layering and time!

Have you started working on your Christmas Cards yet? Link me up when you do - I would love to see some!

Supplies Used: 
Patterned Paper: Doodlebug Design
Stickers: Doodlebug Design
Enamel Dots: Eyelet Outlet
Glitter: Martha Stewart

1 comment:

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Oh my word! Cuteness overload! I adore both of these. I hope this is a hint that you are trying out for the Doodlebug team! ;) I think these are fantastic! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...