Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Treasure This Time Tuesday & My Creative Scrapbook Kit Reveal!

It's going to be a busy week here at Scrapping with Christine - I have lots of fun projects coming your way!  On Tuesdays I try to focus on a layout that tells a small memory about my kids and who they are right now and I call it "Treasure This Time Tuesday".  I have always said it's easy to focus on the big events - but it's the little moments that I want to remember.  That is my goal for Tuesdays (at least as many of them as I can get it done on!)

As I worked on my kit projects for My Creative Scrapbook this month, I knew the reveal day would fall on Tuesday!  So I made sure to have a layout that fit my "Treasure This Time Tuesday" theme! It was Bo's turn in the cycle so here he is being Bo.
My rule is that I have to use a picture from that month of the child. I did not however have one of Bo that worked well with my papers in the kit - so it was the perfect chance to take his picture!  We shot these last week in one of his moments of 2 year old cooperation.  My focus on this layout is that he LOVES to be outside!  Being spring in Illinois, it's not always great weather for being outside.  On those days when it's not, he looks out the window and stands at the doors and  says "Bozer wants to go outsiiiiiiiiide."  And if he can find any way to sneak out, he will, so I have to keep a very close eye on doors being locked and shut tight!  

The Creative Kit from My Creative Scrapbook this month contains pieces from the Echo Park Line "Sunny Days Ahead" and is full of goodies that are perfect for spring and summer. I love that it combines both seasons as there is definitely some overlap.  There are all kinds of fun papers, great stickers, chipboard pieces, and brads!  

After creating my background of just a diamond shape, I added the center piece that is also usable for a pocket page piece.  I then hand stitched colorful rays coming out of it.  It mimics the look of sunshine but adds in some extra color.  I used stickers, chipboard, and brads in a diagonal line running from one corner up to the opposite one.  I then used little letters from the kit to add in the words that Bo says so often.

I will be back to share more layouts over the next several days but in the meantime you can check out the entire design team gallery on the website anytime!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...