Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Samantha Walker Creative Crafters Team Blog Hop: Halloween

Welcome to the  
Samantha Walker Creative Crafters Team Blog Hop!
You should have arrived here from Nicole Stark's Blog!

For my project this month I used the same cut file to create two different cards - this was so much fun!
I used Card Halloween & Bats (#49920) and kept some things the same but made others different.  

I love the look of a 3D card that has some transparency to the front.  To create this card I simply opted to leave out the square of cardstock behind the front cut.  I also turned it to be a vertical card.  I decorated it using the bats that are part of the file.  Outlining them with black stickles made them more dimensional.  I also added some simple stars and gems and surrounded them with white sentiment stickers.  I cut out the Eeeeek from cut file #33314 which has a whole series of fun Halloween words!

I cut the base of this card from a vellum cardstock that has a blurry feel to it - I thought it looked like spooky clouds!  I added gray under the vellum.  The bats and embellishments are all similar to the other card but has different words.  Have you ever tried cutting out a card and using different mediums?  This was really fun and a good mojo burst for me!  I am also going to share this on the SRM Challenge Blog!  Have you played along there yet?  You know I love their stickers :)!

Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Core'dinations
Stickers: SRM Stickers
Vellum: CutCardStock
Patterned Paper: Carta Bella

Thanks so much for stopping in today! The last stop on the hop is to head to Samantha's Facebook Page!  You can get to her blog by clicking on the picture below!

17 comments:

Jamie Lane Designs said...

I love these!!

Cathy said...

yep, love 'em!

Jun Bug House said...

Oh Snap..
I have to say.
I am not by any means a Halloween card sender, but maybe, this year I will be.
Thanks
**U**
Nance

Anonymous said...

What fun cards! I love all of the bats!!

Kelli Smith said...

Super cute cards

cghundley said...

How fun your cards
are! Great ideas.
Carla from Utah

Anita said...

These are so fun.

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Awesome cards Christine!

Helen Gullett said...

I never make Halloween cards, but yours are amazing! Thanks for the inspirations :)

Leslie Germain said...

Fun cards, Christine!

LaLaLa said...

cute!

Robin B. said...

Fantastic cards! I love the colors and that you added stars. Thanks for sharing.

Janis said...

I am crazy about bats!!! Your cards are wonderful!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

very fun cards thanks for sharing

Barb Housner

Jennie said...

These cards are so cute!!

Shelly said...

These are so fun and cool! Thanks for joining us at The SRM Challenge!

June Houck said...

Oh, these little cards are so cute, Christine! Thank you for playing along with us at The SRM Challenge :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...