Thursday, October 30, 2014

Friendly Forest Cards

I had so much fun playing with this line for The Scrapbooking Studio that I actually came up with five projects!  Doodlebug really hit this one out of the park.  Here's the two cards I created using the line.

This patterned paper...oh I love it and I really wanted to do something unique and clever with it.  I can't tell you how many different arrangements it went through.  I finally settled in on a card with a big heart that had a quilt feel to it.  I loved how it was coming together but then I thought it would be really neat to add some dimension so I used new squares in the same color and folded them in half.  
I added those on top of the original design and voila - sweet dimension!


This second card has a lot more in the layering department.  I added vellum to the top of the polka dot patterned paper to soften it a bit.  I then added layers of papers and stickers to create a vibrant base with a variety of shapes.  Adding a sentiment and a few clusters of stickers brings the whole thing together.  I love to throw a sideways bow on my cards every once in awhile for a different twist on the regular bow :)

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Doodlebug 
Stickers: Doodlebug
Vellum: Core'dinations
Enamel Dots: Simple Stories


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...