Friday, October 24, 2014

Fall is Here - Doodlebug Design "Friendly Forest" layout

I just love playing with the bright and whimsical designs that Doodlebug Designs creates.  The Scrapbooking Studio sent me Friendly Forest (their fall line) to work with.  One of the best things about this line is it's got a good mix of masculine and feminine elements and colors - today I am going to share a layout that focuses on the more masculine side.

This was actually the last project I created with the line and was working mostly with scraps.  As I started to lay things out I could see a vertical focus and went ahead and built from there.  The "Fall is Here" is a silhouette cut.  I fussy cut the bottom triangles from the same paper that is the picture matte.  After building the whole thing up the center and a lot of mixing and matching of patterns - I knew I needed to keep the embellishing simple.  A couple of leaf clusters and a couple stickers around the photo made that easy.  Don't you just love coordinating stickers?  I'll be back with more from this line over the next few days!

Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Core'dinations
Patterned Paper: Doodlebug
Stickers: Doodlebug
Enamel Dots: Doodlebug
Wood: Studio Calico
Twine: The Twinery

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...