Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Happy Easter Card - Samantha Walker tutorial

From the first time I saw Samantha's Bubbles of Love Valentine Card #54121, I loved it. One of my favorite things about these cuts is that often times you can modify them to make them work for other seasons. Today I am going to show you how I modified it slightly to turn it into an Easter card!


The original card has circles but I thought those circles could easily be stretched to look like Easter eggs!  So I did just that!
I have some tall 8 inch envelopes so I stretched mine to be really tall.  It would work just as well shorter!
After cutting I used pieces from the Cool Summer line from Carta Bella to back certain eggs.  I used mostly solid or monochromatic patterns to do the eggs and then cut apart pieces from the chevorn patterned paper to decorate the big eggs.


I filled in most of the rest of eggs with glitter.  This helped me to remember why I don't love glitter ;).
I decided to cover up the heart and put my title in that spot.  Initially I cut my title just in yellow using Samantha's "Happy Easter Phrase Title" #39476.  But with just the yellow it didn't stand out enough.  So I decided to create a shadow to use on it.

To do that I clicked on the title and then clicked on the Offset button.  I then chose "offset" and lowered the offset button to a distance I was happy with.  

I then ungrouped them and cut the shadow in white.  Once I glued those together I popped the title up with foam adhesive and it was perfect!

Hope you have a great day! 


1 comment:

Leslie Germain said...

What a great Easter card!!! Gorgeous!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...