Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sunny Layout

This picture totally inspired me...but I knew if I didn't get it to commited to paper soon I wouldn't want to do it for awhile.  I have trouble scrapping a total summer picture in the middle of an Illinois winter :)  So here's a super summery layout.  The echo park paper had the black outline around the scallops already and I decided to mimic that with doodling throughout the layout.  It was interesting to see the difference when I added the doodling....it made for a very different layout than I began with!  I also did some fun stitching on my punched border.  I rotated between a straight stitch and an X stitch...just to try something different and fun :)  It is loosely based on the sketch challenge from Burlap and Buttercups.  
Here's the sketch:
As you can see I flipped the sketch on it's side and went with one photo...I said loosely :)  I'm not so good at following sketches in an exact format :)
Supplies Used:  Echo park little girl line, little boy line, Nikki Sivils die cuts, American Crafts Sticker

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...