Sunday, August 9, 2015

Using Lace on a Layout

The new lace from SRM can be used for so many different things and today I am going to show you how I used it to create the background of a layout!

I was inspired with the wider 4 inch white lace to try and use it as the backing to a cut file.  I laid out the lace onto a square piece of cardstock and adhered it.  I then used a fabric adhesive on the back of the cut file and attached the cut file to the lace.  

I love the delicate and feminine touch it adds not to mention texture that you just can't get from paper!  

I also used several other pieces from SRM Stickers to make this layout special.  I added a gold lace doily behind my picture to give it a base and to add to my color scheme.  And I created a unique border for the whole layout using different white sticker stitches.  I think the sticker stitches are a really nice complement to the lace with a feminine feel! I used white stitches from the Valentine's Sticker Stitches and Christmas Sticker Stitches.


1 comment:

Lee-Anne said...

I LOVE this Christine! What a brilliant idea. I love the texture it gives to the layout.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...