Thursday, August 6, 2015

Anniversary Trip Layouts

My hubby and I were blessed to travel to the Northeast for our anniversary in June.  I took advantage of the summer/travel themes in this month's kits from My Creative Scrapbook to get started documenting the trip.  So each day I will be sharing a layout or two in consecutive order from our trip!  First up is Day One and it features the colorful Creative Kit!
Our day one was mostly driving but we did stop and spend a couple hours at Niagara park.  Now here's the thing, I do not enjoy scrapping landscape pictures. I really strongly prefer people pictures.  So nearly all my pages will be focused on pics of me and my hubby in the location.  That's just what I like to do :). This kit features Fancy Pants, Echo Park, My Mind's Eye, and American Crafts goodies.  I went with a clean and simple approach on this layout and then added some hand stitching for extra oomph! I enjoyed the uniqueness of the big letters in this kit - it was different but fun to think a little out of the traditional box!

On to Day Two - which I actually did in two layouts because it had two different locations, experiences.  Basically too much for one day! So this layout is one of my faves from this month's creations!  I actually created the circle background using fussy cut chevrons.  That was super fun and I was so pleased with how it came together! Stay tuned for a full tutorial soon!  This one was made with the Main Kit which was packed with Carta Bella & Pink Paislee.  This was actually one of my favorite kits in my six months with My Creative Scrapbook.  Such cool embellishments and colors!  
Definitely check it out before it sells out!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...