Sunday, August 9, 2015

My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club Layouts - Vacation Layouts Day

Today's Vacation Layouts focus on our time in Maine!  I have a lot more to do on that time because I took a ton of pictures and have a lot to share but it's a start at least :).  This first one uses the Creative Kit from My Creative Scrapbook!  I used it to build a scene with ocean waves and sunshine.
I loved the cute little whales in the kit but it's not my style to haphazardly place things.  And whales needed a place.  So I did some tearing and created waves.  Then those little whales had a home :).  I added the sunshine and stitching above the pictures.

This second layout is from the Main Kit and highlights some of the richer colors in the kit this month.  One of my favorite ways to use patterned paper right now is to do 1/3 of my layout with one paper and 2/3 of the other.  It creates a unique background and can add a lot of contrast.  If you look back at my layouts over the last several months you will see me do that a lot!  I knew the rich blues in the striped paper were going to be perfect for a beach picture so I definitely wanted to include that!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...