Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Bible Journaling - the Beattitudes

Have you tried out Bible Journaling yet?  Today I have a new Bible Journaling piece using the newest stamps from SRM! At the end of a long, challenging week - sitting down with some watercolor paints, my Bible, and beautiful stamps was just what my heart needed.  Here's what I created to share with you:

I used the new Big Faith Stamps to create my row of "Blessed" words.  I used nine as a base to journal in the part of scripture called the Beattitudes from Matthew 5.  Each phrase begins with "Blessed" in the verses and I thought it would be neat to do those.

I created my background using watercolors.  That was a first for me!  I got some watercolor paper and then just started painting circles and overlapping them.  

After I added in all the writing/word stamping that I wanted on it I used the cross stamp from Words of Faith stamp set and added some of those.  I then doodled some circles and actually decided to fill in the crosses to give it a bold punch! I love that the cross is open so you have the option to add designs or doodles to it!  

I ended up leaving this in my Bible and it makes a great bookmark!  






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...