Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Birthday Boy - a JustNick Layout

The creativity just keeps flowing with the fun backgrounds from JustNick!  Today I am going to share with you how I used the Twilight Zone Background on a birthday layout!  I seem to be most drawn to her circular backgrounds - which I suppose makes sense because I love including circles on my layouts!
I always get a little nervous when I cut something this detailed!  It takes awhile to cut and if it gets messed up, who wants to start over.  The good news is this cut perfectly on my very first attempt!  I had thinner cardstock so I set my blade at a 3 and it didn't tear.  
I backed each line of circles with a 3/4 inch strip of patterned paper. That fit perfectly without any overlapping.
To help draw the eye in even more to the pictures I did some hand-stitching.  I connected three circles with stitching and it really changed the look of the design!  Because of all the busyness I kept things very simple from there, just adding a few stickers and a title.
We got some brand new designs over the weekend - make sure to check them out and snag them to play with this week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...