Thursday, September 3, 2015

Adding Color with Gelatos

How about an idea on how to add color to some of the Noir ColorWays paper!  Ever since I first laid eyes on this feather paper I wanted to color it!  So for this birthday layout I did just that! Here's what I shared over on the Paper House Productions Blog today!


You could try a number of different things to add color to these black and white papers.  You could watercolor paint them but it will probably warp a little.  You could use some colored pencils or markers and add color.  I went for Gelatos - which provided the look of watercolor paint without the water!


I picked out colors from my picture and then used those as my choices. I didn’t color every feather because that would have made things too busy.  Once I was done with the coloring, I knew it was still pretty busy, so I cut out a circle of vellum and added that to the center where my picture would go.  That helped calm down that central area a bit.  I then stuck with mostly black and white accents also.  There are a lot of possibilities here with Noir and Gelatos!  You could go for an ombre look that would be beautiful or a rainbow or even make it have seasonal colors!  Love what a diverse line this is!

Supply List:


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...