Thursday, June 27, 2013

Reverse Canvas Heart starring Mayberry by American Crafts

I love the new Mayberry line from American Crafts and I had the chance to work with it for The Scrapbooking Studio.  Today I am going to share with you a reverse canvas that I made.
 Remember a few months ago when I made heart canvas that was inspired by the American Crafts blog...if you missed it you can see it here.  That got my wheels going on creating a canvas with the folded circles I like so much.  

 To create it, I cut out a big heart.  I started adding the folded circles and once done trimmed up the ones that ran over the edges.  It surprisingly didn't take too long...maybe an hour!  I started off with it being on traditional canvas....but I wasn't happy with some of the elements (shhhhh if you go into The Scrapbooking Studio do not look at the back side).  So I flipped it over and went with the reverse side.  This provides sort of a shadow box element!  I covered the frame part with some wood grain washi tape.  From a distance it really looks like a wood frame!  It was a little tricky to get that all adhered but in the end I am quite pleased with the results!

The colors of this line are a super unique combination but go together really beautifully and they scream summer!  I am planning to pick up more pieces from the line to play with because I am not ready to say goodbye to it just yet!

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: American Crafts
Wood Hearts: Studio Calico
Die Cut: Silhouette Cameo
Washi Tape: Glitz Design

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...