Sunday, May 26, 2013

Doily Flower Card

I haven't been sharing a lot of layouts...I've kinda been going crazy on creating cards.  But I set a new goal to try and create one quick layout a day.  I'm getting behind on photos and my internal panic button is going off...so that is my current albeit lofty goal.  So far I'm on day three and have created four layouts (and four cards :))  Once photographed things will get more layout heavy.

I usually hold on off sharing any cards I submit to CARDS magazine until I hear back from them.  But since it is the 26th and acceptance emails still haven't gone out to anyone...I am going to share :)  Apparently some big changes are happening at Northridge Publishing and I am anxious to hear what those changes are!


I love this card and am still gonna hold out hope that it will get picked up :).  I created the flower background by folding doilies into a cone shape.  It took 6 doilies total.  I put them together and topped them with a large epoxy button and some additional stickers.  The pretty floral background paper is from GCD Studios line "Pure Bliss."  I love the green, yellow, blue spring combination that so many companies have going right now!

Supplies Used:
Stickers: Simple Stories, GCD Studios, Jillibean Soup
Button: Jillibean Soup
Patterned Paper: GCD Studios

2 comments:

craftykellyj said...

Gorgeous card Christine! I hope it gets picked.

Cathy said...

love it and I am positive it will get picked up~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...