Friday, August 15, 2014

Creative Blog Hop

**If you are looking for the Samantha Walker Creative Team Blog Hop you can find it by clicking here**

Today I am joining some friends in a blog hop tour! My awesome friend Suzanna asked me to join in! If you haven't already had a chance to check out her amazing work - you should definitely head to her blog! We are each sharing a little about ourselves and our creative process! I can't wait to hop around and see what others have to share!

1. What am I working on right now?
I am working on a new home decor piece that incorporates lots of Core'dinations Cardstock and a pretty awesome quote. I am hoping to have it up on my blog on Sunday!


2. How long does it take to create a project?
Well....it depends on when I am working. Occasionally I start things during the day which means I could have 1-4 kids "helping." If that is the case it is a lot of starting and stopping. If I am working in the evening after they have gone to bed it tends to be a much quicker process. Cards usually take 30-45 minutes and Layouts usually are 60-90 minutes.

3. What are my fave things I love to create with at the moment?
My silhouette cameo, patterned paper with bright colors, and my white signo pen. If we're talking brands...I always create things that I love with Paper House Productions, SRM Stickers, Doodlebug Design, and Simple Stories. I adore Core'dinations for my cardstock needs!

4. How does my creating process work?
I usually set out with either the pictures I want to scrap or a specific collection I want to use. I rarely plan anything out and just kind of let my brain take the piece where it goes.
For example on this card I knew which line I was wanting to use (Good Day Sunshine from Simple Stories). I knew that I wanted to use a 4 X 6 pocket card for my background and the "hello" sticker.  So I had my base and sentiment - from there I just built up the layers with embellishments of stickers, fussy cutting, enamel dots, and stickles.

5. How do I become inspired and stay inspired?
Looking at patterns, blogs, magazines...I'm very visual so studying other projects inspires me. Keeping fresh supplies on hand keeps me inspired - I try to at least replenish some patterned papers each month.

6. What is my signature style?
This has always been a tough question for me! I have a clean and whimsical style that incorporates bold color choices and dabbles in product and design trends. Here's a few projects that I think showcase my style well!



I am tagging two of my talented friends to share their blog with you too! I thought long and hard about who to ask and decided on these two because they regularly bring me inspiration but in very different ways!

Here's the paper craft artist I think you should check out!

Linda Auclair rocks the clean style of scrapbooking and uses multiple pictures a lot! Both of those qualities have made me a long time fan of hers. We both do design work for Paper House Productions and I am always amazed at what she comes up with!

3 comments:

antenucci said...

Glad you could join us today Christine, Suzanna and I fought over who got you, LOL! Love that together layout you shared and the place setting.

Heather Thompson said...

My layouts and such always take longer with the kids around, but I love it when they help!!! Thank you for sharing.

Lalo said...

Lovely projects!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...