Sunday, August 17, 2014

Core'dinations Design Team Call

Core'dinations is having a design team call and I decided to thrown my hat in the ring with a few projects that I have created.  I'm a technique junkie and love to come up with clever ways to use product so I have always been a fan of Core'dinations!  You can do so much more with their cardstock and a few simple tools than you can with any other cardstock on the market!  I enjoy doing all types of projects from layouts to cards to altered projects, so I thought I would share one of each! 

 First up I have a wall canvas that I created:
Directions:
1) Use an 11 X 13 canvas for your base.
2) Cut 2 inch squares in a variety of rainbow colors using the Kraft in Core
3) Using your paper trimmer cut the squares in half on the diagonal creating 2 triangles from each square
4) Use a die cut machine with an embossing folder and emboss each triangle.  I went with a scattered dots folder.
5) Sand each piece with your handy Sand it gadget to bring out the Kraft color core and then dust it off with your Dust Buddy to leave a clean working surface.

6) Assemble your heart - gluing each piece down when you are happy with the pattern.
7) Go over the entire heart with a modge podge style glue to secure it down.
8) Add a quote.

Core'dinations Products Used:

 My second project is a layout that makes use of both their cardstock and one of their new patterned papers!
I employed a variety of techniques with their cardstock on this layout!  

Directions:
1) Cut 1 inch off the patterned paper and add that to a white cardstock base.
2) Tear yellow cardstock to create a 6 inch strip to go across the center of the layout.
3) Cut out a 9 1/2 inch black circle using black cardstock.  
4) Distress the circle with the Sand It Gadget and attach it to the layout
5) Add a 4 inch square picture and two 3 inch square pictures.
6) Die cut stars in Green, Blue, Pink, Yellow, and Orange using different sizes.

7) Emboss some stars and sand them, add faux stitching to others, and leave others just plain.  
8) Add those and a die cut title above and below the photographs.
9) Journal around the perimeter of the circle.

Core'dinations Products Used:

For my last project I created a card.  Because both of my first two projects are bold and vibrant, I decided to show a softer side. 
Once again I used a several different techniques with their cardstock!

Directions:
1) Using the whitewash collection cut out a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" piece and run it thru the embossing machine with a doily embossing folder.  
2) Sand the embossing to bring out the kraft color, then marvel at how gorgeous (and trendy) it is :)
3) Tear a small piece of red cardstock and attach that to the bottom of the doily piece.
4) Add a burlap heart to connect the two pieces.
5) Punch a heart out in the same red and emboss it.  
6) Sand it and add it to the center of the burlap heart.
7) Die cut a butterfly using the reverse side of the Whitewash Cardstock and add that atop the heart.
8) Add a sentiment and matt your pieces with kraft cardstock and white cardstock.  Then add them to a red card base.

Core'dinations Products Used:







9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love these projects! Can't get enough of the Awesomeness page, though. The techniques are so useful and inspiring! Ahhhhh!

antenucci said...

Lovely projects Christine. I really love that awesome one you made it look just like a record! Great canvas and card too. Love seeing how you used Core'dinations, there is so much potential and you really hit on some great ideas!

Suzanna Lee said...

Wow!!... Way to use a variety of Core in a variety of ways and all those techniques! That canvas is stunning! I'll hang it on my wall! :)

Melissa said...

Always amazed by the techniques you use! Now I feel like I need to go get more Core!

Cathy said...

Swoon! Head over heels in love with all of these! The layout is my favorite....simply stunning work!

Leslie Germain said...

All amazing projects!! Best of luck!!

craftykellyj said...

Absolutely beautiful!! I can't even say which is my favorite! I do love that you included a more subtle card to show all sides of the products. Good luck!

dstandard said...

Great projects - love the wall hanging! Best of luck!

Katie said...

Love your use of bold colors! Good luck with the call!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...