Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Back to School Layouts with My Creative Scrapbook's Main Kit

I love reveal time each month for My Creative Scrapbook!  Today I am gong to kick off my reveal with you by sharing a couple of Back to School layouts I did of my kids using the Main Kit!  Often we like to stick with traditional back to school colors and themes - but you don't have to do that! Sometimes it's just fun to work with what you have!  Today's layouts don't have anything school themed on them but with my title work and some embellishing they still tell the story! First up is the Kindergartener.

Playing off of the fringe trend I decided to cut up that wood paper!  I cut it into strips and then used the lines on it as a guide to make fringe!  I also cut up the trees that come on the patterned paper in the kit and made them into leaves.  Trees weren't working for me for this purpose...But leaves went well with the flow of the layout.  I just love the rich and vibrant colors in this kit!

Next up is my girl and her 4th grade layout!  The kit included a die cut piece this month!  I love that Pam is adding those in every once in awhile!  I cut mine up in 4 pieces and backed each piece with different patterned papers.  I used them to border the layout and point the eyes in towards the picture!  This layout shows you that same wood paper as the above layout but left alone in it's natural state ;).

I'll be back later this week with more layouts from the new kits!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...