Monday, September 3, 2012

Quilted Jillibean Soup Layout

Okay so hands down this layout took me longer to make than anything I have ever made.  But when you are waiting around on a baby...


I set out to make it quilt like but not all the same...that took a lot of playing around with shapes.  I created a different pattern in each section so that it would essentially frame the picture.  Then once I finished the actual placement I did some doodling and machine stitching.  The last step was to figure out how to embellish it without overdoing it because let's face it, there's a lot going on here!  Ah I love combining patterned papers!
Supplies Used:
Patterned Papers: Jillibean Soup, Pink Paislee 
Stickers: Jillibean Soup
Toothpicks: October Afternoon
Twine: Jillibean Soup
Ribbon: American Crafts
Punch: Marvida Uchiva

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! I've always wanted to use my sewing machine on a page. Is there a certain trick to it? Can you use heavy paper? Do you have to change a setting on the machine?
Ingrid

Cathy said...

This is stunning Christine! Love, love, love it!

caz hancock said...

wow girl this is stunning, i love how you did it, i agree once you do a background like this it is so hard to embellish, i think you did an awesome job of getting it perfect

Brenda Muench said...

Amazing! The papers go so well too. This should go in your hall of fame just for the amount of time it took.

Mara Campbell said...

This is such an amazing layout!!! Love the papers and the quilting is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is just awesome!!

~jan said...

SO pretty! Well worth the time and effort (and it looks like a lot!) you put into this - it's a show-stopper!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...