Monday, May 27, 2019

Fireworks and Freedom Scrapbook Layout - Bella Blvd

Today in the United States we remember, with grateful hearts, the ultimate sacrifice of those who died in service.  As I sat down to work on a project for today, I knew I wanted to do something to celebrate America but also remember.  My family recently visited the 9/11 Memorial in New York City and had the chance to remember those victims. My layout today focuses on that and shows how the beautiful Fireworks and Freedom Collection can be used for both Patriotic celebrations and commemorative moments.
ChristineMeyer.Fireworks&Freedom.May27.1
The picture on the layout was printed in black and white to keep the focus on the moment and the colors of the layout.  The picture is one I took of two of my kids doing an imprint at the 9/11 Memorial as they learned about a family that died on Flight 93 including a little girl, Zoe.
I created the background of this layout using the Flag cut file available for this collection.
ChristineMeyer.Fireworks&Freedom.May27.Sneak
My title was created using a combination of Ciao Chip for the word "Freedom" and Florence Alphas for "Isn't Free."
ChristineMeyer.Fireworks&Freedom.May27.3
On the opposite side of the title, I did a little embellishing bringing in a combination of Ephemera, Ciao Chip, and Acrylic Stars.  I also added a border to the top and bottom of the page from the Border Strip Patterned Paper.
ChristineMeyer.Fireworks&Freedom.May27.4
I like to use a lot of text on my layouts and because of that, I decided to add a little more above the photo - including phrases that I felt fit with the moment well.
To get a close-up look at my process for this, including a lot more detail on how I created the background, check out the Process Video below:


Check out any of the supplies for this layout in the affiliate thumbnails below:







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...