Thursday, February 18, 2016

Bible Journaling on 2 Timothy 1:7

Have you had a chance to try out stamps for Bible Journaling yet?  I have been enjoying playing with SRM Stickers new Bible Journaling Stamps! I heard this verse multiple times last week and decided to spend some time creating and reflecting on it.   Everyone has a different approach to the Bible Journaling, some do it right in there Bible and some do it on a separate paper.  Some just journal about the verse, some do just the verse, and some do a combination of both.  You'll find that I like to do it on separate paper and I do a mixture in my approach.  If I know the journaling will be personal but I'd like to share the final piece, I put my journaling on the back!  For today's project I focused on 2 Timothy 1:7.

I like to use Watercolor paper as my base - that way if I decide to use water it is a little less likely to warp.  This time I went for a ton of doodling, stamping, and gelatos.

The first thing I did was stamp "love" using the Big Faith stamps.  And then I wrote out the rest of the verse around it.  I've been dabbling in hand lettering and this time of art is the perfect place to play with it!  The Le Pens are perfect for this type of doodling!  

I thought it would be neat to use the heart from Planner/Notes to Self stamp set as the center of some doodled flowers. I colored it in with my pen!

One point of this verse is that sometimes we have to be bold but it should be done in a loving and disciplined way.  The "Shine Your Light" stamp from the Words of Faith Stamp Set perfectly embraced that message and I thought it was a nice addition to the journaling!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...