Monday, March 9, 2015

DIY Paper Craft Crosses

Paper House Productions has a lot of great Christian themed products - including papers and stickers. I decided to create some crosses to add to our cross wall at home and use their beautiful pieces to create them!

Over the years my husband and I have collected a lot of crosses - so many that they almost fill up one of our walls in the kitchen.  It’s a regular topic of discussion both at the dinner table and amongst guests.  Many of the crosses we were gifted, some we’ve picked out on our own, and some I’ve made.  

But I’ve never made a paper craft one before!  Each year I try to make a couple that I can pass on to the kids when they leave the house.  Because I have four kids, I thought I’d make four crosses of Paper House products.  Eventually I’ll pass them on to the kids but for now these four are being added to our wall!


For each cross I used a paper mache base that I picked up at a local craft store.


I then used Mod Podge to attach a piece of paper to it.  The Papers came from the Live by Faith Paper Pad and coordinate perfectly with the stickers!


I then added lines of gems to each cross.

Decorating each one was easy - I used a mixture of the new cardstock stickers, some 3D stickers, and even some puffy stickers.  

I’m excited that this was not a hard project to do! Sure I had to wait for things to dry but beyond that it was easy because of the beautiful collection (and a few little extras here and there that I had to work with).  It was super fun to hang them and let everyone try to figure out where the new crosses were!

Supply List:

Crosses - came from Hobby Lobby and are a paper mache

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...