Saturday, September 14, 2013

Sweet Birthday Girl Collection - My first Paper House Productions Post

I am so excited to share with you my first post for Paper House Productions!  Today I am going to share a layout and a spread done in the life project style!  As soon as I saw the colors in the Sweet Birthday Girl collection, I knew it would be perfect for documenting Lucy's birthday last year!  
Tips:
-I really wanted to use this banner paper but because it is busy I had to find a way to make the pictures still stand out.  In comes the triple center mat that brings the eye into the pictures.
-Sometimes we have a couple really amazing pictures from an event and a lot that just tell the story...this was my first time employing a layout and life spread...and it worked beautifully.  I have already started separating pictures in order to do more this way!

Techniques:
-To create a different style banner embellishment I combined patterned paper strips with organdy ribbon.
-Some quick white pen doodling helped to separate the boxes on the bottom from the top.


And here's where that tip from above comes in...I have not done a lot of "Project Life" style creations because frankly the idea of trying to keep up with anything on a day to day basis is more than I can wrap my brain around.  But, because I have four kids, I love the idea of doing this for pictures that tell a story but aren't necessarily layout worthy on their own.  When I saw the patterned paper in this collections that was made up of 4 X 3 and 4 X 6 pieces, I knew I wanted to do a spread to tell the story of the rest of her party.  It was actually quite fun to embellish these and play with where to put each thing!  This is the left side of the spread.

 And this is the right side of the spread!  I love that I didn't feel like I had to do 17 layouts to complete her birthday party story but got it done still in a quick, cute way!  And if you are wondering where to find page protectors like these...I got them at my local store The Scrapbooking Studio (which will have an online store soon!!!).  They are no more expensive than regular page protectors and you can buy them in packs that have a variety of arrangements or all the same.  

Photographing these was a little tricky as everything is in the page protectors, but as with everything, it will get easier with practice!  

I had a blast with my first round for Paper House and look forward to sharing more with you again 

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Paper House Productions
Cardstock: American Crafts
Gems: Queen & Co
Twine: The Twinery






2 comments:

Cathy said...

This is fantastic..love every amazing detail!

Katie {Sweet Rose Studio} said...

I love that you incorporated Project Life-style layouts even though it isn't typically your style. Great job branching out! It turned out super cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...