Monday, February 18, 2013

Pebbles Family Ties: Family Tree

I fell in love with the "Family Ties" line from Pebbles the moment I saw it.  But this particular sheet with the family tree look had me a little stumped.  That is until I counted the spaces on it and realized there was just enough on there for all my kids and there cousins!  Woot!  Family Tree here I come...now how to give it some dimension and make it pop.


I fully intended to do a canvas...I even bought four of them.  But I had this box sitting around that had this cute green pattern on it and when I set the sheet down it really brought out the colors...so I am using this sturdy old box!

The spots for pictures on this were actually ovals and although they looked cute I still wanted that shape to show some.  So I opted to punch out 1 1/4" circles of the my kiddos and offset those with foam tape on each oval.  I had one oval leftover which made the perfect location for my "cousins" chipboard from Bella Blvd.  I then got out my Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio Tool that makes small epoxy circles and Epiphany Crafts Button Studio Flower maker and went to town with complimentary colors. I opted for solid colored papers simply because I didn't want too much going on.  I added those throughout the tree as well as some little trimmed fabric leaves.  I also added some white doodled stitches to leaves and the trunk.  



Epoxy buttons and circles: Epiphany Crafts
Twine: The Twinery
Letters: American Crafts
Gems: Queen & Co.

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is AWESOME!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee how you added the pics to the tree!!!! FABULOUS!!!

Jodi said...

I LOVE THIS!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...