Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Bonus Club Q Layouts

Today I am here to share with you my first project using a Club Q kit.  This is the first time I've gotten to play with a Club Q kit and I absolutely loved it.  If you are a big fan of die cuts and coordinated items this is the place for you!
I loved all the frame options available to use for journaling, photos, etc.  I decided to use the square scallop sets to frame my photos for this layout.  I also used some of the tags that were intended for a mini album to ground my whole layout.  I inked those up and then used my heat embosser to set the ink so I could use them quicker.  My yellow scalloped borders were meant to be medallion flowers and I decided to use them just as a plain border but I cut between the scallops creating a fringe look.

 For my second layout I cut out the Summer Time from a die cut included in the kits and made it into a banner.  I used lots more of the flower die cuts and popped those up with foam dots.  In keeping with the banner idea I cut out a couple of my own from the ribbon and papers to ground my journalling.  I again used  the "meant to be a medallion flower" strip to make a border and added a piece of vellum atop that with a matching scallop border.  You can see I used lots of threes in this layout: three sets of scallops, sets of three flowers, three different banners.  It is amazing how the number three always blends together so nicely in layouts.

I hope you've enjoyed these bonus layouts today and much as I enjoyed creating them!


3 comments:

Cathy said...

Love these..the colors make everything pop and I adore those frames!

Marg Van Patten said...

Love these "sunshiney-happy-put a smile on my face" layouts! Really like the banner style title on page #2. Thanks!

Mara Campbell said...

I really love the summery colors on these layouts! The first layout with the paper tearing is awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...