Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Paper Wreath


I've been wanting to make a wreath like this for awhile - my 5 year old son and I tackled it on Thanksgiving. I purchased a styrofoam wreath (mine is about 18 inches). I then cut about 15 sheets of patterned paper into 1 X 5 inch strips - you get about 14 from a sheet. Mine are not even all Christmas papers - just some greens and reds that worked well mixed in. Don't go too crazy trying to match perfectly - trust me mine don't and they still blend together well! My son stapled the ends together to make a loop. Then I hot glued them onto the wreath working around one row at a time. In all it took about 2 hours!

4 comments:

- - Sheryl - - said...

The wreath came out awesome! Thanks for the idea

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that wreath, very cool indeed!

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

This is great and I'm so glad to see a paper craft decoration. That's all I have this year and I'm going to tackle this wreath! Thanks Christine.

Pam Long said...

Thanks so much for sharing!! i have been looking for something that the kids could help me do and i think this is it!! thanks again!!
Pam

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...