Friday, February 20, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Banner

I have always wanted to make a banner using doilies and when I saw the new green ones that SRM has I knew it was gonna have to be a St. Patrick's Day banner!  This project makes me really wish I had a beautiful fireplace mantle - since I don't we have it hanging up in our kitchen entryway.


This was super easy to create - let me share with you how I did it!  I used foam adhesive and layered a Gold Lace Doily on top of a Green Lace Doily.  They layer perfectly because the Gold ones are four inches and the Green ones are six inches.  

I used gold vellum to cut out stars and attached those to Large White Punched Pieces.  These again layered perfectly onto the doilies as they are 2 1/2 inches in size.  Adding letters to spell out LUCKY and some gemstones was the final touch.

I hung them on a piece of Solid Peapod Twine using clothespins. If the look of clothespins isn't your thing or you don't have any - you could just string the twine through the doilies and make a great banner too!

I love it when companies make such versatile products - good for not just paper crafts but home decor too 

1 comment:

Cheryl W. said...

Fun idea for a banner! I like your clothespin trick - makes it so easy to switch to different banner flags, depending on the occasion.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...