Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Bible Journaling: Ephesians 2:8

I'm back at it and ready for a fresh new year in Bible Journaling - how about you!?!  I love that there are no rules in Bible Journaling, you can just create and dabble to your hearts content! For today's share I did A LOT of dabbling with a piece based on Ephesians 2:8 "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God."


I have been watching lots of videos of talented artists drawing their own flowers and I decided to dabble in that for this project! My Black Le Pen was perfect for the doodling part!  I knew I could use my stamps from SRM (Amazing Grace & Trust in the Lord) for little flowers in combination with doodling to create a fun background.

For each style of flower that I did I used a single color from my collection of WaterColor Pencils.  I colored and then used a blending pen to spread the color and give it that pretty watercolor look.

I also wanted to play with masking on this project.  I cut a sheet the same size as my original and then folded it in half and cut out a tilted heart.  I then layed that over the top of my original and started stamping "Grace" over and over until I filled it. The word "Grace" came from the Big Amen set. Lastly I traced my heart again using my Le Pen to make it stand out a little bit more.  I love how this ended up looking and most importantly I had a fun time making it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...