Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Toddler Kisses - Main Kit Layout for My Creative Scrapbook

Do you document those little special memories that can get lost in the shuffle of life.  More often than not I am doing just that in my layouts.  You may not always see the journaling (or understand it) but for me the beauty of this hobby is being able to look back at all the sweet, sappy memories that I have forgotten about.  Today's layout uses the Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook.  It has a love theme and is perfect for love, but also fit the stories of my little boy's kisses quite well!
There's a lot of little details to this layout so let me highlight those for you!  To make my banner I cut up a zig zag paper - kind of a different twist but I thought it was a neat one!  I then added a row of hearts to highlight the picture - this is a mixture of both ephemera and stickers from the kit.  I love the gold foiling pieces that are included because they add an extra flash to the layout.  And it still works with boys :).  I fussy cut the word "LOVE" out of a pocket piece in the kit.  The "O" came out messy, I didn't cut it well. But that was okay because I used my little guy's head as the O and spelled out "LOVE" straight onto the picture.  I think that's actually my favorite part of the layout!    I colored my wood "XOXO" with some Heidi Swapp Mist.  I'm very impatient on waiting for those things to dry.  That is probably part of why I am not too into Mixed Media, not patient enough!

I'll be back tomorrow with another layout from the Main Kit!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...