Monday, May 18, 2015

Bookworm Layout

It's not Tuesday but I am going to share with you a layout for Treasure This Time anyway because tomorrow I have some other special projects to share!  Each week I try to focus on a little, and soon forgotten memory, of my child at this age.  Having four of them, I felt like I was forgetting a lot of the little fun things!  So this week I am focused on my 11 year old, Timmy!

Timmy has recently developed a love of reading and so I decided to focus this week on how much he loves to read.  It makes me so happy that he finally loves to read!  The things he loves most are Humorous Comic Style books (Diary of a Wimpy kid style), Athlete biographies, and anything by Mike Lupica.  He also is enjoying age appropriate historical fiction and wants to read more from the World War II time period.

I took these pictures of him this past weekend and then added them to the polaroid cardstock frame.  I then cut out circles in coordinating colors and played off of those for my design.  Most of the supplies for this come from the My Creative Scrapbook April Main Kit.  I was inspired by a recent feature on the American Crafts blog where they did handcut letters.  I was intrigued and terrified at the same time, but I think playing like that can really help get the creative juices going, so I gave it a whirl!  It actually was kind of fun!

I outlined my letters in black to make them pop a little more and to cover up any pencil lines that were left over :) I've still got a little more of this kit left over and am looking forward to playing with it a bit more!

Supplies Used:
Kit: My Creative Scrapbook
Enamel Dots: Recollections
Wood: Studio Calico
Mist: Heidi Swapp



1 comment:

Cheryl W. said...

Fun layout! With four kids, I'm surprised you ever have time for scrapbooking. I had four, too, in 3 1/2 years no less!! There was a set of twins in there, which is why they're so close in age. I know how busy life is with four kids!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...