Thursday, May 29, 2014

Sketchy Saturday - On Thursday!

Well I know it's Thursday but we're doing Sketchy Saturday early this week because my sketch has been up on Imaginisce all week and is ready to be played with!  Here's the sketch!

And here's my interpretation!  This was my first time to really play with the new Little Princess line!  I love the colors in this line and that they include purple!  It is so hard to find purple in patterned papers!  This line was the perfect match for pictures of my little girl from the first day of Kindergarten!


I stuck pretty true to the sketch right down to the polaroid frames on my pictures.  Instead of going to a die cut polaroid I simply extended my matte on the bottom of the pictures and got a "faux" polaroid look!  Because I went with a solid purple base, I decided to keep my triangles the same pattern and do a lighter patterned paper for them.  

I used a bolder paper for my polaroid bases to really make sure my pictures pop!

Imaginisce paper die cuts beautifully and I used lots of die cut flowers, stems, and words throughout as accents on the layout.

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Imaginisce
IRocks: Imaginisce
Dies: Top Dog Dies
Chipboard: Studio Calico

1 comment:

Leslie Germain said...

Great sketch! Love how you used it! What neat colors. Hope to create with your sketch!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...