Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Anniversary Trip Part 3

I know, I know I said I'd do this last week...it didn't take priority to some other things I needed to get done so I am just finally getting back to it!

As we headed towards leaving Maine we stopped in Kennebunkport for lunch.  Ben hadn't yet gotten a complete lobster for a meal and we knew there would be some good options there.  I googled "What is George Bush's favorite place to get lobster in Kennebunkport?" And it actually gave me a result.  I don't know if it was actually true or not but that is where we went.
I stuck with a steak sandwich and of course blueberry pie.  Ben enjoyed the lobster although I think he'd take good barbeque over it.

We drove around Kennebunkport and explored the town a little.  There are some beautiful homes in that town! After Maine we headed to Newport, Rhode Island for the night.  It was pouring when we got there and continued to pour all night, so we didn't get to see much :(

We did find a little restaurant that had a sundae called the "Holy Moly Sundae" - you can see why!  We tried it out but we came nowhere near finishing it.  That could probably feed our whole family dessert!  The next morning we drove around Newport and were once again wowed by the beautiful homes!  We headed to Danbury, Connecticut next and I barely took any pictures!

Ben wanted to try out Frank Pepe's Pizza so we had lunch there.  I was not impressed but he enjoyed it!  We then decided to see the Jurassic Park movie.  We didn't have big plans and knew it wouldn't be an option once we got back home.  We spent the night there in Connecticut before heading to New York the next day.

For the last 2 1/2 years I have had the privilege of designing for Paper House Productions.  I absolutely love their scrapbooking products and think their stuff brings out some of my best creativity.  When my boss from there heard we'd be in the area she offered a tour and of course I wanted to take her up on it.  We enjoyed a couple hours visiting with them and seeing all the behind the scenes stuff.  I got a sneak of all the new products coming out and you are going to love what they have created!  I love the company even more after meeting all of them and getting to know them a little in person!  And I guess I was all pictured out because I didn't take a picture there either!  I wish I would have!  

Our last night was spent in the Poconos in Pennsylvania.  
It was a really neat area and we both wished we had been there earlier in the trip as there was a lot to explore that we didn't have time for.

Tons and tons of wildlife!

We headed home - a 12 hour drive in a whole lot of rain.  We were glad to be back with the kiddos but very thankful for the time away together to focus on each other and our marriage!





2 comments:

Lyne said...

If you ever get to the Poconos again...please holler!

Lyne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...