Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Wood Veneer Challenge

The current challenge for the CARDS Magazine blog is wood veneer.  Seeing as that is one of my absolute favorite embellishments, I of course had to join in!

I was playing around on the Silhouette store and came across the cut and had to give it a whirl.  The white part is all from the cut file.  I added the background colors and then created rows using the stars.  I followed the natural curve when I added "lucky" to stick with the sunburst feel.  Bright colors just make me smile and making this card was a blast because of that!  I created this card entirely using my Helmar Adhesive Runner, which made it go by really fast....I'll be featuring how I did that next Wednesday on the Helmar blog!

I am also linking this up for the current issue at Paper Issues: Count Your Lucky Stars

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Imaginisce, Bella Blvd, Pebbles 
Stickers: Simple Stories
Wood: Studio Calico

5 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

Such a fun card! Love those stars and all the bright colors.

Jayma Malme said...

I love it! I love the wood too and all the bright colors.

Cathy said...

love this...awesome design!

Leslie Germain said...

Christine, great card. Love the rainbow effect you created with the stars!!

Leah l'Orange said...

agh! this is so much fun and i LOVE the effect of the rays - like everything is shining out of the clover! so bright and happy - thanks for linking up at Paper Issues!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...