Monday, December 9, 2013

One Samantha Walker Doily: Two Different Projects

My Silhouette Cameo has been getting a workout lately.  Today I have a couple of Christmas home decor projects to share with you that feature the same doily cut from Samantha Walker, but used in two different ways.


For my first project I used the doily in a simple and subtle way, playing up the monochromatic match of the cardstock to the metal doily.  I found this metal doily at IKEA - it is meant to be a candle holder and they carry it in a variety of sizes.  I loved it knew I wanted to use it for a wall hanging.  I added the word "Hope" which is also a cut from Samantha Walker.  I also added the golden pearls around the inner edge.  That was a long, tedious process...but it definitely added the finishing touch I was going for!  

While this piece can work for a holiday home decor piece, it can also work year around!
  
The second project uses the doily in a more complicated way!  I used it as the focal point on this card and weaved some ribbon through the spokes of part of the doily.  Apparently I was in the mood for tedious work...because this was another longer task!  Again, I think it was well worth it though!  I secured the ends of the ribbon and then tied a separate bow using the same ribbon.  This covered up the ends!  I also added an additional twine bow that was a match for the kraft background!    


Some pieces from Teresa Collins "Santa's List" line are the final touches to the card.

Supplies List:
Patterned Paper: Teresa Collins
Ribbon: CutCardStock
Chipboard: Teresa Collins
Cardstock: CutCardStock
Pearls: Want2Scrap

1 comment:

Cathy said...

stunning work, love these!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...