Saturday, January 7, 2012

Super Star and Medallion Flowers

At long last I've conquered the medallion flower! I got a scoring board for Christmas making medallion flowers a much more doable creation!  I've tried other ways but always mismeasured something and ended up with a goofy looking flower.  As I was playing with it I opened up one of our Die Cut Pads from Momenta and looked at the border strips in there and realized they would make beautiful medallion flowers.  The best part is that they punch right out and have multiple colors/designs to them so you don't have to find just that right paper to make a neat looking flower!
After I punched each one out I scored them every 1/4 inch.  I then folded them and used some tacky and quick drying glue on a circle on both the back and front to hold them together.  You can see that circle on the front of each of mine - I added a flower sticker to each to give them some extra color.  I even used a scalloped border to create one of my flowers and it worked great too!

This set of die cuts coordinates beautifully with the Free to Be Me line!  For the rest of my layout I cut out 3 inch squares from three different papers in that line and made a grid.  I used two frames from the Die Cut pad to mat my picture.  I outlined everything in black mimicking the doodling you find in the Free to Be Me Line.

Supplies Used:

1 comment:

angie ashuk said...

Great layout....I so need a scoreboard, I love those flowers!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...