Wednesday, October 5, 2016

My Creative Scrapbook - October Main Kit Projects

It's reveal day over at My Creative Scrapbook and we've got some beautiful kits this month! I got to work with the Main Kit and the Creative Kit!  Today I am going to be sharing with you my projects with the Main Kit!  First up here's a look at what is in the Main Kit!  Lots of Amy Tan's latest "Oh Happy Life" from American Crafts with other odds and ends mixed in to round it out!


As you can see it's got a wide variety of colors in it and that really shows in my layouts!

This picture of my family was taken almost exactly a year ago!  Love that I finally found a home for it!  I did a lot of fussy cutting on this layout.  The glorious floral background is all fussy cut as well as many of the flowers framing the picture!  Love the contrast of colors that happened with the two different flower sets!


 
What can I say - I miss my Illinois friends! Loving our new Ohio life and home but doesn't mean I don't miss these friends a ton!  Scrapping has provided some good therapy for that.  Going back and documenting moments like this, that I hadn't gotten around to documenting, and remembering some fun times!  I also did a lot of fussy cutting on this one!  The hexagons are all cut out individually, that was a little crazy ;).


I had a couple cute pics of my youngest smooching his babysitters in Illinois!  He asked a lot of them to "will you marry me?" also before we left town.  Pretty sure he secured at least four fiancees :).  This first one is of  him on our last night there.  I used the softer colors in the kit to capture the moment.  Soft and sweet!

And here he is making moves on a another babysitter ;). She has been a big part of his life since he was born.  I love the spunky look on her face and decided to make this layout a little more funky to match it!  After I cut out a heart I then cut it up into pieces to make it like a puzzle.  I also did some machine stitching - I haven't done that in awhile!  I love what it adds to the layout and need to be doing more of that!

I will be back again soon with my Creative Kit layouts!  Check out My Creative Scrapbook to get in on their great kits this month!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...