Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Stitching on a Star Background

I am just loving all the new files that JustNick is cranking out.  She has so many fun files that balance trends and good graphic design!  As a mom with three boys, I definitely have a thing for stars.  So when I saw the newest Star Background 2 from JustNick I was thrilled!  I had been wanting for awhile (like since February) to write about my youngest son's new bed and bedtime routine.  A star background gave me the perfect excuse to finally record that memory!
I am big on trying to record memories of moments that I know I will otherwise forget - this is one of those! I started with cutting out the Star Background 2 and then used that as an overlay over white cardstock.  I knew I needed to use something to ground the pictures and opted for the Stitched Circle.
Instead of leaving all of the stars white - I added some of them back into the overlay.  They are still there but a little more discreet and I like the way that breaks things up a bit!
I also went through and added in some star string art....connecting the points in the stars.  Again, I just did that to some.  The rest were left white or got a little wooden star added.  This is a really fun background that you are going to love - think of all the possibilities from camping to love to sports!

Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Core'dinations
Patterned Paper: Simple Stories
Wood: Studio Calico
Stickers: Simple Stories

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...