Saturday, January 24, 2015

Sketchy Saturday - Winter Wonderland

Usually on Sketchy Saturday I share an original sketch of my own but this week I stumbled onto a sketch that I liked and decided I'd feature it this week instead! I am using a sketch from the kit club My Creative Scrapbook.  They also run a sketch site called My Creative Sketches and I am playing along there this month! I am also going to link this up to Paper Issues current issue "Say it Ain't Snow." Okay on to the sketch - here's the January sketch:

I like the simplicity of the sketch. You can access the blog post to play along with this sketch here. Now on to my interpretation:

I do not take a lot of horizontal pictures so I opted to keep the sketch as it was but use a vertical picture instead.  I used the Doodlebug collect "Frosty Friends" and between that and the sketch this layout came together super fast!  I love when that happens!

I wasn't coming up with an option for scallops along the bottom of the picture that I liked.  But these triangles meant to be corner stickers worked perfectly and added a unique touch to the layout.

I also didn't do scallops up above but went for a bigger cluster of elements than the sketch called for.  Part of why I enjoy sketches is they give you a jumping off place but let you run with it and make it work for you!  

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Doodlebug Design
Stickers: Doodlebug Design
Enamel Hearts: Doodlebug Design

Hope your weekend is off to a fabulous start! We finally have a calm Saturday and I am looking forward to some relaxing!








4 comments:

Cathy said...

love this! great photos and awesome colors!

Cheryl W. said...

This is a wonderful layout! I just love the colors and all the embellishments.

Mycreativescrapbook said...

Awesome layout, Thank you for joining the My Creative Scrapbook.com sketch challenge

Debbie Weinhold aka Debdoodle said...

I love the page you did using the sketch at MCS. It's perfectly winter. Thank you for playing along.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...