Thursday, October 15, 2015

Guest Sketch Artist for Scrap Our Stash

I am excited to share that I am the Guest Sketch Designer for Scrap Our Stash this month!


  On this site you combine the use of a sketch with a stash busting item.  I love the concept and was excited to play along! Here is the sketch that I designed:

And here's the layout I created to go along with it!
I decided to use the fun Doodlebug Back to School Collection for the layout.  If you really want to get through a project fast - use one collection and a sketch. It's a serious time saver! I used to work with stuff from all over my stash but I have learned over the last couple years what a time saver it is to work mostly from one collection.  That has helped me to keep my studio more organized too - I know it's important to keep collections together so I can easily grab them!

I have been waiting for the right collection to use to scrap these pictures.  This was my daughter's first day of first grade.  She woke up that morning with a bug bite on her eyelid. As you can see in the pictures her eye area is swollen.  We weren't sure at first if it was pink eye or a bug bite - imagine missing the first day of school because of pink eye!  She ended up having a great day despite the rough start!

The stash busting item to use this month for the challenge was metal.  I used brads throughout the top and bottom of my layout!  I added some over the top of the dots in the patterned paper to add some dimension up there. It doesn't show as well in the picture as I'd like - but in person it's fabulous ;)!

 At the bottom I used them more like scattered enamel dots!
I don't always have the right color of enamel dots and I have been going to brads fairly regularly lately as a substitute when I need it.  You can barely tell the difference!

There's a great prize over at Scrap Our Stash from Creative Embellishments!  Come play along and join in the fun!  I can't wait to see what you create!

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Doodlebug Design
Stickers: Doodlebug Design
Enamel Dots: Eyelet Outlet
Brads: Hobby Lobby



1 comment:

Brenda said...

Awesome sketch and wonderful reveal Christine! Thank you so much for being our Guest Sketch Artist this month at Scrap Our Stash! We appreciate your support!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...