Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Treasure This Time Tuesday - The 4 year Old

This week's edition of Treasure This Time Tuesday focuses on a very specific part of my four year old's life.  As I document each month, I usually cover several things that they are excited about and experiencing in that month.  But after having a real breakthrough month with this guy, I focused on just one.

For several months Cooper was really struggling.  He was grumpy, mean, and full of tantrums.  In the past he had been arguably the most easygoing (especially at that age) of all my kids.  I was beyond frustrated, we were all beyond frustrated.  I tried every trick in the book.  And finally I went to the store and got some new games and puzzles thinking perhaps a change of pace would help.  We started doing puzzles together and from that day on he was back to my normal Cooper! So now every day we do puzzles, some days we do a lot, some days we do just one or two.  Something about that time to sit, think, and accomplish something does what his brain needs. I will take it!

So after that very long explanation, here is this month's layout for Cooper!
Isn't he a photogenic little guy? He isn't into posed pictures and will goofy smile there but if I catch him playing like I did here, perfection!

I cut the square pieces out of patterned paper and then cut a smaller one to apply on top using foam adhesive.  I did the top ones in different directions to add some interest.  I die cut the puzzle pieces simply to go with the theme!  My title was kind of a play on words.  I started with "You Puzzle Me" and decided to add & time to make it "You & Me Puzzle Time." 

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Echo Park
Stickers: Echo Park, Recollections, Bella Blvd


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...